Paul has over 30 years of experience as a commissioned military officer, police officer, and corporate security leader in some of Canada’s most security-centric industries (diamonds and precious metals mining, currency production, defence contracting, licenced cannabis production), as well as managing the provision of security services to large municipalities. With a portfolio including management of Health & Safety, IT and Maintenance, Paul has extensive experience in developing performance standards and assuring compliance in highly regulated environments in both public (Federal) and private sectors. Paul’s proactive and preventative approach has netted him a record of zero instances of significant loss within his scope of professional responsibility throughout his career. As head of security for the diamonds division of the world’s largest resources company, Paul developed an internationally recognised security strategy for Canada’s emerging diamond mining industry – shortly thereafter the world’s third largest producer.
- Head of security for diamonds division of the world’s largest resources company
- Head of security for major international defence contractor
- Head of security for multinational federally licensed cannabis producer
- Security oversight for Canadian currency (and contracted foreign currency) production/distribution
- Most senior corporate security role in leading international gold mining company
- Security management responsibility in the world’s largest precious metals company
- British Army Infantry Officer
- Police Officer in Metropolitan Police (London, UK)
Since originally locating to the North Okanagan almost 20 years ago, Paul’s enthusiasm for the area has caused him to be joined by family from far afield. An avid supporter of local businesses with a keen understanding of the challenges of operating in our current climate and location, Paul has a history of community involvement, having chaired local Community Policing Committees, and served as a Crime Stoppers board Director.